Timber Engineering Design
Timber engineering design and fabrication has been our focus for more than 30 years and during that time we have built up a broad range of knowledge and experience that allows us to confidently innovate new design concepts and take on the most demanding design and fabrication projects.
- Post and beam arrangements (including traditional forms with mortice and
tenon knee braces)
- Bolted and dowel-pin jointed trusses
- Composite box sections (curved and straight), I-section and C-section beams
- Portal (rigidly jointed) frames using various moment resisting joint systems, large clear single spans or multiple span configurations.
- Connection designs using bolts, dowel-pins, screws, nails and glued connections, design of brackets and connection plates, designs for resistance of moment
and direct actions.
- 3D frameworks
- Solid and framed panels for floor (cassettes), wall and roof construction.
Our aim is to provide neatly detailed, cost effective and structurally reliable systems that can be successfully installed without reliance upon high level carpentry skill or knowledge
3D Software Modelling & BIM interoperability